Our history begins in Italy in 1921. It is the history of an Italian manufacturing company, which grows steadily and gradually on the international markets, whilst keeping alive its original values.
Founded in 1921, Costacurta began its activities of manufacturing and selling wire cloth and crimped mesh in a factory in Lecco, around 50 km north-east of Milan and in an office, with shop attached, in Milan, in Via dell’Orso.
At the beginning of the 1930s the factory was moved to Maggianico, while, at the end of the same decade, it was transferred once more to an area known as ‘Il Porto’ (the port), near the ‘Ponte Vecchio’ (old bridge) crossing the river Adda as you enter the city of Lecco.
In the 1950s the offices were moved to a new headquarters in Corso Garibaldi, Milan, and at the same time, manufacturing of crinkled wire mesh mist eliminators for the petrochemical and chemical industries began.
In the 1960s the production range was extended to the field of conveyor belts and the offices moved once more to their current location in Via Grazioli, Milan.
In the 1970s the Garlate factory was built and started manufacturing in 1973. In the latter half of the 1970s both the offices in Milan and the Garlate factory were expanded and, at the same time, the manufacture of perforated plates and removable internals for reactors began.
In the 1980s a further expansion of the offices in Milan and the Garlate factory was seen, and the production range was further extended, particularly in the field of components for the oil, petrochemical and chemical industries. A significant increase in exports was also recorded during this time.
At the beginning of the 1990s Costacurta b.v. was founded, a company fully controlled by Costacurta S.p.A.-VICO, with the aim of increasing sales in northern Europe. The manufacture of drilled and milled plates began and ISO 9002 certification was obtained. The Milan offices were expanded once more and, at the end of the 1990s, the second manufacturing unit at Olginate became operative and ISO 9001 certification was obtained. The 1990s were also characterised by a further significant increase in export sales.
At the beginning of the new millennium, a specific line of wire mesh for architecture, named ARCHI-NET®, began to be developed.
In 2002 Costacurta was awarded the ISO 14001 environmental management system certification, while in 2004 it was awarded the OHSAS 18001 occupational health and safety management system certification.
An expansion of the Olginate factory was completed in 2003 and a second one was completed in 2006. In the same year, the production range was extended and manufacturing of wedge wire screens was introduced.
In 2009, at Olginate, an iron scaffolding for the vertical assembly of cartridges internals was constructed.
In 2012 the expansion of the Milan headquarters was completed.
Two further expansions of the Olginate factory were completed in 2012 and 2014.